Lesson Plan: Areas and Circumferences of Circles Mathematics
This lesson plan includes the objectives, prerequisites, and exclusions of the lesson teaching students how to find the area and the circumference of a circle given its radius or diameter and how to relate both the area and circumference to solve various problems.
Students will be able to
- find the circumference of a circle given its radius or diameter, or vice versa,
- find the area of a circle given its radius, diameter, or circumference, or vice versa,
- find the areas and circumferences of shapes constructed using circles, semicircles, or quarter circles,
- solve real-life problems involving the areas and circumferences of circles.
Students should already be familiar with
- what a circle is and identifying its radius and diameter,
- real numbers and operations on them.
Students will not cover
- 3D shapes.