Lesson Plan: Conserving Resources
This lesson plan includes the objectives, prerequisites, and exclusions of the lesson teaching students how to describe the importance of conserving water, electricity, and plastic and identify ways we can do so.
Students will be able to
- identify everyday activities that use water,
- identify ways to conserve water,
- identify everyday activities that use electricity,
- identify ways to conserve electricity,
- describe problems associated with plastic waste in the environment,
- identify ways to reduce plastic waste.
Students should already be familiar with
- water as a resource,
- some ways to conserve water,
- human population growth and its implications regarding resource conservation.
Students will not cover
- global warming,
- climate change.