Lesson Plan: Applications on Systems of Linear Equations Mathematics • 8th Grade
This lesson plan includes the objectives, prerequisites, and exclusions of the lesson teaching students how to translate a real-life problem into a system of linear equations and find its solution (or solutions).
Students will be able to
- translate real-life problems into a system of linear equations, solve the system graphically, and understand that the solutions may not be exact,
- translate real-life problems into a system of linear equations and solve the system using
- translate real-life problems into a system of linear equations and show that the system has no solutions.
Students should already be familiar with
- solving systems of linear equations graphically, using substitution and elimination,
- determining the number of solutions in a system of linear equations.
Students will not cover
- nonlinear systems,
- systems in more than two variables,
- systems with more than two equations.