Lesson Plan: The Medical Thermometer Science
This lesson plan includes the objectives, prerequisites, and exclusions of the lesson teaching students how to identify and describe the medical thermometer and its uses.
Students will be able to
- define and describe medical thermometers and their uses,
- describe the structure of the medical thermometer,
- explain why mercury is used in thermometers,
- demonstrate how to take human temperature.
Students should already be familiar with
- heat conduction,
- what temperature is,
- material expansion and contraction.
Students will not cover
- measuring temperature related to the weather,
- details about how thermometers work,
- the importance of thermometers in everyday life,
- the Celsius thermometer.