Lesson Plan: Calculations with Arithmetic Sequences Mathematics
This lesson plan includes the objectives, prerequisites, and exclusions of the lesson teaching students how to calculate the common difference in an arithmetic sequence, find subsequent terms in the sequence, and check if the sequence increases or decreases.
Students will be able to
- recognize a sequence that is arithmetic,
- calculate the common difference between the terms of an arithmetic sequence,
- calculate subsequent terms in an arithmetic sequence,
- determine whether an arithmetic sequence is increasing or decreasing.
Students should already be familiar with
- patterns and sequences,
- sequence notations (e.g., to identify the terms of a sequence).
Students will not cover
- using sequence formulas to calculate the terms of an arithmetic sequence.