Lesson Plan: Grouped Frequency Tables Mathematics • 6th Grade
This lesson plan includes the objectives, prerequisites, and exclusions of the lesson teaching students how to read, create, and interpret grouped frequency tables.
Students will be able to
- define and identify grouped frequency tables,
- read grouped frequency tables,
- follow a procedure to create grouped frequency tables,
- interpret grouped frequency tables.
Students should already be familiar with
- simple frequency tables,
- tally charts,
- ordering whole numbers,
- the meaning of the term quantitative data.
Students will not cover
- plotting frequency curves or graphs,
- qualitative (descriptive) data.