Lesson Plan: Parallel Lines and Transversals: Angle Relationships Mathematics • 8th Grade
This lesson plan includes the objectives and prerequisites of the lesson teaching students how to name and identify angle pairs formed by parallel lines and transversals and recognize their relationships to find a missing angle.
Students will be able to
- identify and name corresponding, interior, and alternate angles formed by two lines and a transversal,
- state and use the fact that the measures of two alternate angles and two corresponding angles are equal when the two lines are parallel,
- state and use the fact that two interior angles on the same side of the transversal are supplementary,
- identify that two lines are parallel if they are cut by a transversal such that two alternate angles are equal, two corresponding angles are equal, or two interior angles are supplementary.
Students should already be familiar with
- types of angles, in particular supplementary angles.