Lesson Plan: Comparing Lengths of Paths Mathematics • 2nd Grade
This lesson plan includes the objectives, prerequisites, and exclusions of the lesson teaching students how to measure and compare the lengths of paths made up of two or more straight lines.
Students will be able to
- estimate the length of each path,
- find the length of each path using addition and subtraction within 20,
- find how much longer one path is than another.
Students should already be familiar with
- measuring lines in centimeters (whole numbers),
- addition and subtraction within 20.
Students will not cover
- paths made up of more than two lines.