Lesson Plan: Kingdom Plantae Biology
This lesson plan includes the objectives and prerequisites of the lesson teaching students how to recall the characteristics of organisms belonging to Kingdom Plantae.
Students will be able to
- describe the common characteristics of organisms in Kingdom Plantae and give examples of organisms belonging to this kingdom,
- compare organisms from the main phyla of the kingdom (Bryophyta, Tracheophyta, Rhodophyta, Phaeophyta, and Chlorophyta),
- compare organisms from the main classes of the Tracheophyta phylum (Filicatae, Acrogymnospermae, and Angiospermae),
- compare the features of Monocotyledons and Dicotyledons,
- classify given organisms using knowledge of this kingdom.
Students should already be familiar with
- the concept that organisms are classified into groups based on evolution and physical appearance.