Lesson Plan: Grouped Frequency Tables Mathematics
This lesson plan includes the objectives, prerequisites, and exclusions of the lesson teaching students how to construct, read, and interpret frequency tables for a given quantitative data set.
Students will be able to
- construct a grouped frequency table for a set of data by first establishing the range and then setting the distribution of the classes,
- complete a grouped frequency table for a set of data, including by using a tally chart,
- make interpretations from a grouped frequency table.
Students should already be familiar with
- tally charts,
- frequency tables without classes.
Students will not cover
- calculating estimates for measures of central tendency for grouped data,
- drawing frequency diagrams, including histograms and cumulative frequency diagrams.