Lesson Plan: Unit Fractions of a Set Mathematics
This lesson plan includes the objectives, prerequisites, and exclusions of the lesson teaching students how to find unit fractions of a set using models.
Students will be able to
- recognize that the whole can be one item or one set of items,
- divide a set into equal parts,
- find the quantity in each equal part of a set,
- find unit fractions of different sets.
Students should already be familiar with
- unit fractions of a whole.
Students will not cover
- finding nonunit fractions of a set,
- finding the whole set,
- unit and nonunit fractions of numbers.