Lesson Plan: Respiration in Plants Biology
This lesson plan includes the objectives, prerequisites, and exclusions of the lesson teaching students how to describe the process of respiration in a plant and discuss the relationship between respiration and photosynthesis.
Students will be able to
- describe how plants obtain the reactants needed for respiration, including the role of the roots and the stomata,
- explain how the products of respiration are removed from the plant,
- recognize the relationship between respiration and photosynthesis in a plant,
- outline a simple experiment to show respiration in a plant.
Students should already be familiar with
- the fact that animals and plants respire.
Students will not cover
- the details of glycolysis, the link reaction, the Krebs cycle, or oxidative phosphorylation,
- the details of light-dependent or light-independent reactions.