Lesson Plan: Angle between Two Vectors in Space Mathematics • 12th Grade
This lesson plan includes the objectives, prerequisites, and exclusions of the lesson teaching students how to find the angle between two vectors in space using their dot product.
Students will be able to
- find the angle between two vectors by finding their dot product and recognize which angle has been calculated,
- find the angle between two vectors given graphically by finding their dot product,
- find the angle between two vectors by applying properties of vectors before finding their dot product.
Students should already be familiar with
- vectors in three dimensions,
- properties of vectors including how to find the modulus of a vector,
- dot product between vectors in space,
- vector operations in space.
Students will not cover
- the vector cross product.