Lesson Plan: Counting Money: US Coins
This lesson plan includes the objectives, prerequisites, and exclusions of the lesson teaching students how to count to find the value of a group of coins.
Students will be able to
- count on to find the value of a group of coins,
- develop strategies to count coins:
- order coins before skip counting,
- group together coins that can be added to make larger denominations.
Students should already be familiar with
- recognizing coins and identifying their monetary values,
- counting groups of the same coin.
Students will not cover
- cent values greater than 100,
- counting dollar bills.