Lesson Plan: Neurons Science
This lesson plan includes the objectives, prerequisites, and exclusions of the lesson teaching students how to describe the structure and function of a neuron.
Students will be able to
- describe the structure of a neuron,
- describe the function of neurons as the basic functional units of the nervous system,
- describe the function of dendrites,
- describe the function of the myelin sheath.
Students should already be familiar with
- the parts of an animal cell, including the nucleus, cytoplasm, and plasma membrane,
- the structure of the nervous system.
Students will not cover
- different types of neurons (sensory, relay, and motor),
- the terms receptors and effectors,
- reflex actions.