Lesson Plan: Converting between Imperial and Metric Units of Capacity Mathematics
This lesson plan includes the objectives, prerequisites, and exclusions of the lesson teaching students how to use approximate equivalences to convert between metric and imperial units of capacity.
Students will be able to
- use given approximate equivalent capacity measures to deduce further related measurements,
- use appropriate strategies to multiply decimals by whole numbers when converting between metric and imperial units of capacity,
- solve multistep word problems by converting between metric and imperial units of capacity.
Students should already be familiar with
- converting between metric units of length,
- partitioning, doubling, and halving to multiply decimals.
Students will not cover
- multiplying decimals by whole numbers or decimals.