Lesson Plan: Continuity at a Point Mathematics
This lesson plan includes the objectives, prerequisites, and exclusions of the lesson teaching students how to check the continuity of a function at a given point.
Students will be able to
- understand the definition of continuity at a point,
- find whether a given function is continuous for a given value of ,
- identify which condition is not met when a given function is discontinuous at a point,
- identify how a given function can be made continuous at a point by determining the value of an unknown constant.
Students should already be familiar with
- one-sided limits,
- piecewise defined functions.
Students will not cover
- continuity over an interval,
- classifying discontinuities,