Lesson Plan: Modeling Thousandths Mathematics • 5th Grade
This lesson plan includes the objectives, prerequisites, and exclusions of the lesson teaching students how to represent thousandths using models, fractions, decimals, and words.
Students will be able to
- model any number of thousandths,
- write a fraction with a denominator of 1,000 as a decimal,
- write a mixed number with a denominator of 1,000 as a decimal,
- write any number of thousandths as a fraction and a decimal.
Students should already be familiar with
- tenths and hundredths and how to write them as a decimal or a fraction.
Students will not cover
- converting improper fractions to decimals.