Lesson Plan: Indefinite Integrals: Reciprocal Trigonometric Functions Mathematics
This lesson plan includes the objectives, prerequisites, and exclusions of the lesson teaching students how to find indefinite integrals of functions that result in reciprocal trigonometric functions.
Students will be able to
- solve indefinite integrals where the integrand contains terms of , , and ,
- solve indefinite integrals where the integrand contains terms that can be simplified to multiples of , , and ,
- solve indefinite integrals that result in reciprocal trigonometric functions (, , and ) and find the constant of integration, , when given sufficient boundary conditions.
Students should already be familiar with
- basic trigonometric identities,
- indefinite integrals,
- integrating functions that result in , , and ,
- differentiating , , and .
Students will not cover
- integrating functions that do not result in multiples of , , and ,
- definite integrals.