Lesson Plan: Graphs of Piecewise Functions Mathematics
This lesson plan includes the objectives and prerequisites of the lesson teaching students how to graph and analyze a piecewise-defined function and study its different characteristics.
Students will be able to
- draw the graph of a piecewise function,
- identify a piecewise function from a given graph,
- identify a given graph of a piecewise function,
- find the domain and range of a piecewise function by considering its graph.
Students should already be familiar with
- the notation of piecewise functions,
- open and closed dots displayed on a graph.