Lesson Plan: Earth's Surface Features Science • 2nd Grade
This lesson plan includes the objectives and exclusions of the lesson teaching students how to identify and describe some of the landforms and bodies of water on the surface of Earth.
Students will be able to
- define a landscape as a stretch of land that can be seen from a place,
- define landforms as features made of rock and dirt,
- identify and describe different landforms including mountains, hills, valleys, plains, plateaus, and canyons,
- recognize that there are mountains on the ocean floor,
- identify and describe different bodies of water, including oceans, rivers, streams, ponds and lakes.
Students will not cover
- mapping landscapes and bodies of water,
- how landforms change over time.