Lesson Plan: Graphical Operations on Vectors Mathematics • 12th Grade
This lesson plan includes the objectives, prerequisites, and exclusions of the lesson teaching students how to do operations on vectors graphically using triangle and parallelogram rules.
Students will be able to
- represent a vector graphically,
- identify a vector that is represented graphically,
- use the triangle and parallelogram rules to add and subtract 2D vectors,
- solve geometrical problems involving vectors using the geometric properties of vectors.
Students should already be familiar with
- similar shapes,
- 2D vector addition, subtraction, and scalar multiplication.
Students will not cover
- the dot product,
- the cross product,
- 3D or higher-order-dimension vectors.