Lesson Plan: Adding Money: EGP Mathematics
This lesson plan includes the objectives, prerequisites, and exclusions of the lesson teaching students how to add units of money up to 100 Egyptian pounds (LE) without regrouping.
Students will be able to
- add together two amounts of money shown using notes and pound coins,
- compare two amounts of money after adding to derive both totals,
- add together two amounts of money expressed using numerals,
- solve word problems involving adding amounts of money.
Students should already be familiar with
- recognizing 1-pound coins and the notes for 5 LE, 10 LE, 20 LE, and 50 LE,
- adding two-digit numbers without regrouping.
Students will not cover
- adding amounts of money where regrouping is required,
- adding amounts that include piastres,
- sums greater than 100.