Lesson Plan: Mirrors Science
This lesson plan includes the objectives, prerequisites, and exclusions of the lesson teaching students how to describe the image of an object that is formed by a plane mirror.
Students will be able to
- know what is meant by the term plane mirror,
- know that images in mirrors appear reversed,
- know that the image of an object in a mirror appears the same size as the object,
- interpret and draw ray diagrams for objects reflected in plane mirrors.
Students should already be familiar with
- the fact that light can reflect.
Students will not cover
- the law of reflection,
- curved mirrors.