Lesson Plan: Adding Two-Digit Numbers with Regrouping Mathematics • 1st Grade
This lesson plan includes the objectives, prerequisites, and exclusions of the lesson teaching students how to add 2 two-digit numbers when crossing a ten and model this with place value models.
Students will be able to
- identify sums that will involve regrouping,
- use place value models to regroup ones,
- use place value models to add 2 two-digit numbers,
- draw models to add 2 two-digit numbers.
Students should already be familiar with
- the place value of two-digit numbers,
- decomposing two-digit numbers.
Students will not cover
- adding on a number line,
- using the formal column method to add,
- sums over 100.