Lesson Plan: Circles Mathematics • Kindergarten
This lesson plan includes the objectives, prerequisites, and exclusions of the lesson teaching students how to identify circles, recognize that circles have no sides or corners, and identify real-life objects that are shaped like circles.
Students will be able to
- identify circles of different sizes and colors,
- state that circles have zero sides and corners,
- count circles within an image,
- identify real-life objects that are shaped like circles.
Students should already be familiar with
- the concept of sides and corners.
Students will not cover
- the diameter, circumference, or radius of circles.