Lesson Plan: Tessellations of Polygons Mathematics
This lesson plan includes the objectives, prerequisites, and exclusions of the lesson teaching students how to identify which polygons can form a tessellation and the geometric transformations applied to it.
Students will be able to
- identify which regular polygons will tessellate by themselves by considering the measure of their internal angles,
- identify whether an irregular polygon can tessellate by itself,
- identify whether different types of polygons can tessellate,
- find the measure of a missing angle in a given tessellation.
Students should already be familiar with
- regular polygons and the measure of their internal angles.
Students will not cover
- tessellations with shapes other than polygons.