Lesson Plan: Midpoint on the Coordinate Plane Mathematics • 11th Grade
This lesson plan includes the objectives, prerequisites, and exclusions of the lesson teaching students how to find the coordinates of a midpoint between two points or those of an endpoint on the coordinate plane.
Students will be able to
- calculate the coordinates of a midpoint between two coordinates,
- find the coordinates of an endpoint given the midpoint and the other endpoint,
- solve problems in a context involving the midpoint and endpoints in the coordinate plane.
Students should already be familiar with
- plotting and reading coordinates,
- properties of polygons and circles, such as the median of a triangle,
- finding the mean/midpoint of two values.
Students will not cover
- the midpoint of coordinates in the 3D plane,
- the equation of the perpendicular bisector of two coordinates,
- the gradient of the line passing through two points.