Lesson Plan: Nuclear Reactions Chemistry
This lesson plan includes the objectives, prerequisites, and exclusions of the lesson teaching students how to write and interpret nuclear reactions.
Students will be able to
- explain the concept of nuclear stability,
- identify positron emission and electron capture,
- compare nuclear and chemical reactions,
- give examples of transmutation reactions,
- define transuranium elements.
Students should already be familiar with
- different forms of ionizing radiation,
- the properties and locations of subatomic particles.
Students will not cover
- the half-life of radioactive substances.