Lesson Plan: Comparing 3D Shapes Mathematics • Kindergarten
This lesson plan includes the objectives, prerequisites, and exclusions of the lesson teaching students how to describe and compare 3D shapes using informal language.
Students will be able to
- describe 3D shapes using informal language,
- identify a shape based on a description,
- describe the differences and similarities between two shapes.
Students should already be familiar with
- naming cubes, rectangular prisms, cones, cylinders, pyramids, and spheres,
- identifying shapes that roll, stack, and slide.
Students will not cover
- defining faces, edges, and vertices.