Lesson Plan: Arc Lengths Mathematics
This lesson plan includes the objectives, prerequisites, and exclusions of the lesson teaching students how to find the arc length and the perimeter of a circular sector and solve problems including real-life situations.
Students will be able to
- recognize the formulas for calculating arc length when the measure of the arc is given in degrees or radians,
- calculate the length of a sector’s arc,
- calculate the perimeter of a sector,
- calculate the radius of a sector when given the measure of the arc and the length of the arc (or the perimeter).
Students should already be familiar with
Students will not cover
- the areas of circular sectors,
- circular segments.