Lesson Plan: Parallel, Perpendicular, and Intersecting Lines in Space Mathematics
This lesson plan includes the objectives and prerequisites of the lesson teaching students how to find the equation of a straight line that is parallel or perpendicular to another one in space and find the intersection point between two lines.
Students will be able to
- find the equation of a straight line in space that is parallel or perpendicular to a given line,
- identify cases where two straight lines are coincident,
- identify whether two given lines are parallel, perpendicular, intersecting, coincident, or skew,
- find the intersection point of two lines.
Students should already be familiar with
- finding the equation of a straight line in space in different forms,
- the dot product and cross product of 3D vectors.