Lesson Plan: Centimeters Mathematics • 1st Grade
This lesson plan includes the objectives, prerequisites, and exclusions of the lesson teaching students how to estimate length and use a ruler to measure objects in centimeters.
Students will be able to
- estimate lengths of objects in centimeters,
- identify objects about 1 cm, 10 cm, 50 cm, and 100 cm long,
- read measurements on a ruler,
- use a ruler to accurately measure objects in centimeters, starting from 0.
Students should already be familiar with
- measuring using nonstandard units.
Students will not cover
- measuring objects using meters or millimeters.