Lesson Plan: Finding the Whole given a Part and the Percent Mathematics • 6th Grade
This lesson plan includes the objectives, prerequisites, and exclusions of the lesson teaching students how to find the whole given a part and the part’s percentage from the whole.
Students will be able to
- find the whole when given a part and its percentage from the whole,
- solve real-world problems by finding the whole when given a part and its percentage from the whole.
Students should already be familiar with
- finding the percent of a number,
- converting between fractions, decimals, and percentages.
Students will not cover
- solving algebraic equations.