Lesson Plan: What Is a Force? Science • 3rd Grade
This lesson plan includes the objectives and exclusions of the lesson teaching students how to identify contact forces and the effects that forces can cause.
Students will be able to
- explain what a contact force is,
- understand that a force can be a push or a pull and that a twist and a turn are push and pull forces combined,
- identify the effects that forces can cause, such as making objects speed up, slow down, change direction, or change shape,
- recognize that forces are measured in newtons (N).
Students will not cover
- examples of noncontact forces.