Lesson Plan: Opposites and Absolute Value of Rational Numbers Mathematics • 6th Grade
This lesson plan includes the objectives, prerequisites, and exclusions of the lesson teaching students how to identify the absolute values of rational numbers and their opposites.
Students will be able to
- find the absolute value of a rational number,
- find the opposite of a rational number.
Students should already be familiar with
- absolute values of integers,
- rational numbers.
Students will not cover
- comparing and ordering rational numbers,
- operations on rational numbers.