Lesson Plan: Properties of Combinations Mathematics
This lesson plan includes the objectives, prerequisites, and exclusions of the lesson teaching students how to use the properties of combinations to simplify expressions and solve equations.
Students will be able to
- understand and prove basic relationships involving combinations and factorials,
- simplify expressions involving combinations,
- solve equations involving combinations,
- find the value of an unknown in an equation involving combinations.
Students should already be familiar with
- notation for combinations,
- factorials and properties of factorials.
Students will not cover
- permutations or properties of permutations.