Lesson Plan: Molar Gas Volume Chemistry
This lesson plan includes the objectives, prerequisites, and exclusions of the lesson teaching students how to use molar gas volume, under standard conditions, to calculate the volume and number of moles of a gas.
Students will be able to
- state Avogadro’s law relating gas volume to the number of moles,
- state the formula for calculating 0 molars gas volumes,
- recall the standard molar gas volume at standard temperature and pressure (STP) to be 22.4 liters per mole,
- describe the conditions that constitute STP (1 atm, ),
- calculate the volume or number of moles of a gas at STP.
Students should already be familiar with
Students will not cover
- molar gas volumes under different conditions,
- ideal gases,
- gas laws.