Lesson Plan: Faces of 3D Shapes Mathematics • 1st Grade
This lesson plan includes the objectives, prerequisites, and exclusions of the lesson teaching students how to identify and count the faces of 3D shapes, classify and compare 3D shapes by their faces, and recognize how to build 3D shapes from 2D shapes.
Students will be able to
- count the number of faces a 3D object has,
- identify the shapes of the faces and use this to identify the name of a 3D shape,
- compare and classify 3D shapes based on the numbers and shapes of their faces,
- describe how to build a 3D shape from 2D shapes.
Students should already be familiar with
- common 3D shapes.
Students will not cover
- nets of 3D shapes,
- edges and vertices of 3D shapes.