Lesson Plan: Frequency Polygons Mathematics
This lesson plan includes the objectives, prerequisites, and exclusions of the lesson teaching students how to read, create, and interpret frequency polygons.
Students will be able to
- define and identify frequency polygons,
- read frequency polygons,
- follow a procedure to create frequency polygons,
- interpret frequency polygons.
Students should already be familiar with
- simple frequency tables,
- tally charts and histograms,
- the meaning of the term quantitative data.
Students will not cover
- frequency curves,
- how to create a grouped frequency table,
- qualitative (descriptive) data.