Lesson Plan: Protecting the Environment Science
This lesson plan includes the objectives, prerequisites, and exclusions of the lesson teaching students how to describe the ways humans impact the environment and what we can do to protect it.
Students will be able to
- describe different ways in which humans negatively impact the environment, like dropping litter, causing pollution, and destroying habitats,
- describe the effects humans have on different species,
- define the terms endangered and extinct,
- describe different ways to protect and preserve the environment and protect endangered species from extinction, like creating nature reserves.
Students should already be familiar with
- what habitats are and what they provide to the living creatures that occupy them,
- different types of land and water habitats and some common creatures that occupy them,
- how habitats change according to the seasons and natural disasters,
- how living creatures respond to change in their habitats.