Lesson Plan: Ammeters Science
This lesson plan includes the objectives, prerequisites, and exclusions of the lesson teaching students how to use ammeters in electric circuits to measure the current through a component in the circuit.
Students will be able to
- recognize that current can be measured using an ammeter,
- recall the circuit symbol for an ammeter,
- recall that an ammeter must be connected in series in a circuit.
Students should already be familiar with
- the circuit symbols for several basic circuit components (e.g., a cell, a bulb, a buzzer, a motor),
- how to draw and interpret single-loop circuits with one cell or battery,
- what electric charge and current are.
Students will not cover
- how ammeters work,
- resistors and resistance,
- complex parallel circuits,
- why ammeters must be connected in series.