Lesson Plan: Plant Hormones Biology
This lesson plan includes the objectives and prerequisites of the lesson teaching students how to outline the roles of different plant hormones and describe simple experiments to investigate them.
Students will be able to
- outline the role of auxins in cell elongation and apical dominance, using IAA as an example,
- outline the role of gibberellins in germination and stem elongation,
- outline the role of ABA in stomatal closure,
- describe simple practical investigations into the effect of hormones on plant growth,
- analyze the experiments performed by Boysen-Jensen and Went to demonstrate the effect of auxins (IAA) on phototropism in shoots.
Students should already be familiar with
- plants requiring a light source to grow,
- plant tropisms.