Lesson Plan: Equation of a Straight Line: Two-Intercept Form Mathematics
This lesson plan includes the objectives, prerequisites, and exclusions of the lesson teaching students how to represent a straight line in the two-intercept form using the 𝑥- and 𝑦-intercepts.
Students will be able to
- identify the equation of a line in intercept form, ,
- state the - and intercepts of a line given in intercept form,
- state the equation of a line when given its - and intercepts, algebraically or graphically,
- convert the equation of a straight line into intercept form,
- calculate the slope of a line given the - and intercepts.
Students should already be familiar with
- graphs of straight lines,
- the equation of a line in
- general form,
- standard form,
- slope–intercept form,
- point–slope form.
Students will not cover
- the equation of a line in two-point form,