Lesson Plan: Roots of Quadratic Functions Mathematics
This lesson plan includes the objectives, prerequisites, and exclusions of the lesson teaching students how to solve quadratic equations by factoring.
Students will be able to
- understand the terminology of roots, zeros, and solutions of functions and equations,
- solve quadratic equations by factoring,
- understand the relationship between the roots of a quadratic and the intersections of its graph with the .
Students should already be familiar with
- factoring algebraic expressions,
- graphing quadratic functions.
Students will not cover
- solving quadratic equations graphically,
- solving quadratic equations by completing the square,
- solving quadratic equations using the quadratic formula.