Lesson Plan: Percentage Equations Mathematics • 7th Grade
This lesson plan includes the objectives and prerequisites of the lesson teaching students how to find the part given its percentage and the whole, or vice versa, and solve problems involving percentage using proportions.
Students will be able to
- solve percentage equations to find a missing percentage or number,
- write percentage equations to represent a given situation,
- solve real-world problems using percentage equations.
Students should already be familiar with
- finding the percent of a number,
- finding the percentage change,
- converting between fractions, decimals, and percentages.