Lesson Plan: Folds Geology
This lesson plan includes the objectives and exclusions of the lesson teaching students how to describe the different types of folds and highlight their geological and economic importance.
Students will be able to
- define what a fold is and identify its structural elements and geological characteristics,
- recognize and compare between the different types of folds,
- identify the geological and economic importance of folds.
Students will not cover
- types of folds other than synclinal and anticlinal folds,
- structural elements of the folds other than the axial plane, fold limbs, and the axis of a fold.