Lesson Plan: Properties and Reactions of Iron and Iron Oxides Chemistry
This lesson plan includes the objectives, prerequisites, and exclusions of the lesson teaching students how to describe the properties and reactions of iron and its oxides.
Students will be able to
- explain the physical and chemical properties of iron,
- describe the reactions of iron metal with acids and nonmetals,
- recall the properties and reactions of iron(II) and iron(III) oxides.
Students should already be familiar with
- electronic configurations and filling patterns of the transition metals.
Students will not cover
- oxidation states of iron above +3.