Lesson Plan: The Human Skeleton Science
This lesson plan includes the objectives and exclusions of the lesson teaching students how to describe the functions of the skeleton and identify the main parts of the skeleton.
Students will be able to
- recognize that all the bones in the body fit together to make a skeleton,
- describe the three main functions of the skeleton: support, protection, and movement,
- identify the main parts of the skeleton: the skull, the rib cage, and the spine,
- identify joints as places where two or more bones are joined together.
Students will not cover
- vertebrates and invertebrates,
- the skeletons of animals other than humans,