Lesson Plan: Transpose of a Matrix Mathematics
This lesson plan includes the objectives, prerequisites, and exclusions of the lesson teaching students how to find the transpose of a matrix and identify symmetric and skew-symmetric matrices.
Students will be able to
- understand how the order of a matrix changes when we find its transpose,
- find the transpose of matrices of varying sizes,
- identify symmetric and skew-symmetric matrices,
- perform matrix calculations involving transpose matrices.
Students should already be familiar with
- adding and subtracting matrices,
- scalar multiplication of matrices.
Students will not cover
- multiplying matrices.